WHAT IS ISOSOURCE® JUNIOR MIX?
What is Isosource® Junior Mix?
Isosource® Junior Mix is a nutritionally complete 1.2kcal/ml enteral tube feed for children aged 1 and above that contains ingredients derived from real food* (rehydrated chicken meat & rehydrated vegetables (peas and green beans), peach puree, orange juice from concentrate).
- Halal certified
- The right viscosity and flowability
- Shown to be well tolerated1
In December 2021*, Isosource® Junior Mix will change its product name to Compleat® paediatric; the formula will remain the same. If you have any questions, please contact your Nestlé Health Science representative, or call our customer careline on 00800 68874846. If you are a parent or carer for a child that uses Isosource® Junior Mix, please contact your healthcare professional with any queries.
What is special about Isosource® Junior Mix?
Isosource® Junior Mix contains 13.8% ingredients derived from food such as rehydrated chicken and green beans. It helps to meet the nutritional needs of children over 1 and contains fibre to help support normal bowel function.
- 33% of protein from rehydrated chicken, green peas and green beans
- 51% of fibre from vegetables and fruits
- 25% or 2 of the daily recommended serving of fruits and vegetables3
Protein source: Milk protein, rehydrated chicken meat, rehydrated vegetables (peas and green beans).
Oil blend source: Rapeseed oil, high oleic sunflower oil, sunflower oil, medium chain triglycerides, fish oil
Carbohydrates source: Maltodextrin, peach puree, orange juice from concentrate, rehydrated vegetables (peas and green beans)
Fibre source: Pea fibre, fructo-oligosaccharides, acacia gum, inulin and ingredients from fruits and vegetables.
A recent acceptability and tolerance study has shown that Isosource® Junior Mix is well tolerated by children and can lead to a decrease in gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms and beneficial changes in stool type1.
*Subject to change
1. Thornton-Wood C, Saduera S (2020) Tolerance and Acceptability of a New Paediatric Enteral Tube Feeding Formula Containing Ingredients Derived From Food: A Multicentre Trial In The United Kingdom. J Neonatol Clin Pediatr 7: 050.