Meritene Super Sexy Seafood Soup
A quick, easy and delicious recipe using the new Meritene range. This recipe will give you the nutritional taste blast you need on a chilly day. It's my super sexy seafood soup. It's a feast for the eyes and the taste buds and looks beautiful
- 65g rice noodles
- 1 fresh red chillies
- 0.75 litres fish or vegetable stock
- 60g creamed coconut
- 2 sachets of Meritene STRENGTH & VITALITY vegetable soup powder
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3-4 kefir lime leaves (optional)
- A handful of basil
- A handful of mint
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 cm piece fresh grated ginger
- 1-2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 125g bean sprouts
- 150g peeled prawns
- a handful of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- Salt to taste
- Cook the noodles according to packet instructions. Drain and rinse under cold water, then set aside
- Cut the chilli in half, discard the seeds and cut into very fine strips
- Bring the stock to the boil then stir in the coconut cream until it’s dissolved
- Add the lime juice and put the saucepan to one side.
- Finely chop the kefir lime leaves if you’re using them (go on use them!)
- Divide the basil and mint between 2 of your loveliest bowls.
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok or large saucepan. Stir in the chopped ginger and garlic and fry for a minute. Now add the chopped lime leaves, sliced chillies and beansprouts. Stir for 1-2 mins.
- Now pour in hot vegetable stock, and stir in the cooked noodles. Bring the mixture up to bubbling, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the prawns. Taste and season. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Add the contents of two sachets of Meritene STRENGTH & VITALITY vegetable soup powder into 150ml of warm water (max 60’C) into a dish. You need to make sure to boil your kettle well in advance and leave it to cool for 20 minutes so that the water is warm but not too hot as it’s important not to destroy the nutritional properties of the product.
- Stir vigorously until completely dissolved then stir into the soup
- Finally, roughly chop the coriander leaves and add to the soup. Divide the soup between the two bowls
Meritene Feeling Fruity Smoothie
The feeling fruity smoothie isn't just for breakfast, try it mid-afternoon for particularly if you want something a little sweet.
- 240ml almond milk (you can use cows if you prefer!!)
- 250g fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 medium banana roughly chopped
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- 1 sachet Meritene STRENGTH & VITALITY strawberry shake powder
Blitz together and enjoy your day because you are so supremely organized healthy and just down right gorgeous!
Meritene On-The Go Snack Bites
A quick, easy and delicious recipes full of protein, vitamins and minerals. They are one of my favourites for a fast and nutritional on the go snack (or bite).
- 3 sachets of Meritene STRENGTH & VITALITY Chocolate shake powder
- 4 tablespoons of organic peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of organic honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 1/2 cup of organic gluten free oats
There isn’t really any ‘cooking’ required for this recipe. It’s that simple!
First of all mix all of the yummy ingredients into a bowl (a splash of water will help hold the ingredients together)
- Prepare a flat oven tray with parchment paper
- Pour the mixture and flatten/ mush it to cover the tray using more parchment paper and use this as a cover
- Freeze it for one hour
- Cut it into bars and it’s ready to eat!
*For a lighter mix, try substituting 1 tablespoon of peanut butter and 30g of honey with 20ml of water.
Meritene contains high quality protein, Vitamins A, D, E, K, C, B1, B2, B6, Folic Acid, Pantothenic Acid, Potassium, Calcium, Phosphorus, Iron, Zinc & Selenium. Vitamin B2, B6 C & Iron contribute to normal energy yielding metabolism and the reduction of tiredness & fatigue. Protein contributes to the maintenance of muscle mass and with Vitamin D & Calcium to the maintenance of bones.