Chicken Roast Dinner (Texture D) - Dysphagia Recipe
- 120g Chicken Fillets
- 1 teaspoon of Oil
- ½ pint Instant Gravy
- 2-3 Potatoes
- 100g Carrots peeled and sliced
- 100g Parsnips peeled and sliced
- Resource® ThickenUpTM Clear
- Salt and Pepper to season
- Ensure that the chicken fillets are cooked through by checking the juices run clear. Chop the cooked chicken into finely minced pieces approximately 2mm in size. Check the size of your pieces with a tape measure or ruler, if pieces are too large continue to chop to correct size.
- Dinner Suggestion - Chicken Roast Dinner (texture D)
- Make up your gravy as you usually would or use an instant gravy mix. Place the chopped chicken pieces into a bowl and stir in the gravy.
- Add a scoop of Resource® ThickenUpTM Clear and mix in well with a fork until the desired consistency is achieved (add another scoop if needed).
- Keep warm whilst you prepare the vegetables.
- Check your vegetables are soft and cooked through by lightly mashing a piece of each with a fork. Drain and chop the carrots and parsnips into finely minced pieces approximately 2mm in size. Check the size of the carrot and parsnip pieces with a ruler, if pieces are too large continue to chop to correct size.
- Once cooked, drain the potatoes in a colander, transfer to a bowl then mash until very smooth with no lumps.
- Spoon the chicken, potatoes, carrots and parsnip pieces onto a warm plate and serve immediately.
- Do NOT pour on extra gravy before serving.