WHAT IS COMPLEAT® PAEDIATRIC?
What is Compleat® paediatric?
Compleat® paediatric is a nutritionally complete 1.2kcal/ml enteral tube feed for children aged 1 and above that contains ingredients derived from food (rehydrated chicken meat & rehydrated vegetables (peas and green beans), peach puree, orange juice from concentrate).
- Iso-osmolar (Osmolarity: 280 mOsm/l Osmolality: 340mOsm/kg)
- Halal certified
- The right viscosity and flowability1
- Shown to be well tolerated1
What is special about Compleat® paediatric?
Compleat® paediatric contains 13.8% ingredients derived from food such as rehydrated chicken and green beans. It helps to meet the nutritional needs of children over 1 and contains fibre to help support normal bowel function.
- 33% of protein from rehydrated chicken, green peas and green beans
- 51% of fibre from vegetables and fruits
- 25% or approximately 2 of the daily recommended serving of fruits and vegetables2
Protein source: Milk protein, rehydrated chicken meat, rehydrated vegetables (peas and green beans).
Oil blend source: Rapeseed oil, high oleic sunflower oil, sunflower oil, medium chain triglycerides, fish oil
Carbohydrates source: Maltodextrin, peach puree, orange juice from concentrate, rehydrated vegetables (peas and green beans)
Fibre source: Pea fibre, fructo-oligosaccharides, acacia gum, inulin and ingredients from fruits and vegetables.
A acceptability and tolerance study has shown that Compleat® paediatric is well tolerated by children and can lead to a decrease in gastrointestinal (GI) symptoms and beneficial changes in stool type1.
1. Thornton-Wood C and Saduera S. 2020. Tolerance and Acceptability of a New Paediatric Enteral Tube Feeding Formula Containing Ingredients Derived From Food: A Multicentre Trial In The United Kingdom. J Neonatol Clin Pediatr, 7: 050 DOI: 10.24966/NCP-878X/100050
2. Data on file.