SPECIALISED ENTERAL NUTRITION FOR PAEDIATRIC PATIENTS WITH COMPROMISED OR IMPAIRED GASTROINTESTINAL FUNCTION
The Peptamen® Junior family of semi-elemental enteral and oral formulas offer complete nutritional support and improved feeding tolerance for patients with conditions such as malabsorption, diarrhoea, feeding intolerance to standard enteral formulas, delayed gastric emptying, short-bowel syndrome, and pancreatic insufficiency.
Whey-peptide formulas, such as Peptamen® Junior, have been shown to achieve improved outcomes for patients who are unable to digest or absorb standard enteral formulas.1
Peptamen® Junior Advance, Peptamen® Junior Liquid and Peptamen® Junior Powder are all supported by clinical evidence. The Peptamen® range is also the only family of 100% whey peptide formulas for the early years to adulthood.
PEPTAMEN JUNIOR RANGE
- Alexander DD et al. World J Gastrointest Pharmacol Ther 2016; 7(2): 306–319.
- Jahan-Mihan A et al. Nutrients 2011; 3(5): 574–603.
- Fried MD et al. J Pediatr 1992; 120: 569–572.
- Rolandelli RH et al. Lipids and enteral nutrition. In: Clinical Nutrition: Enteral and Tube Feeding. JL Rombeau, RH Rolandelli (eds). W.B. Saunders Company, 1997.
- Metheny NM. Fluid and electrolyte disturbances associated with tube feedings. In: Fluid and Electrolyte Balance: Nursing Considerations (5th ed). Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc. 2010; 179–189.
- Thomas B, Bishop J (eds). Clinical chemistry. In: Manual of Dietetic Practice (4th edn). Blackwell Science Ltd, 2007; 861–864.
- Polk DB et al. J Parenter Enteral Nutr 1992; 16(6): 499–504.
- Herzog D et al. Gastroenterology 1997; 112: A995.
- NHSc pH Product Analysis Report UK 2018.
Footnotes and abbreviations:
Peptamen® Junior contains milk proteins, and is not suitable for patients with cows’ milk allergy.