WHAT IS COMPLEAT® PAEDIATRIC?
Compleat® paediatric (formerly known as Isosource® Junior Mix) is the first paediatric tube feed in the UK&I to contain food-derived ingredients*.
- Available in two formats: 500ml SmartFlex® and 250ml with ENFit compatible SimpLink® connection. See more information about SimpLink® below.
- Nutritionally complete 1.2kcal/ml feed for children 1 year and over
- Halal certified and gluten-free
- Iso-osmolar (Osmolarity: 280 mOsm/l Osmolality: 340mOsm/kg)
- 18g protein (33% from rehydrated chicken, green peas and green beans) and 5g fibre (51% of fibre from vegetables and fruits) per 500ml bottle
Order Sample View Data Card
Compleat® paediatric: supports gastrointestinal tolerance1, supported by real-world evidence
Research and case studies continue to show that Compleat® paediatric is well tolerated and results in positive changes in quality of life.1-3
In a multi-centre retrospective study, improvements in GI tolerance were reported by dietitians, with 81% (35/43) seeing GI tolerance improvements within 1 week of switching to Compleat® paediatric.
Other results include:
- 90% of patients were able to meet their nutritional goals with the feed2
- 95% (17/18) saw improvements in retching2
- 90% (10/11) saw improvements in loose stools2 90% (10/11) saw improvements in constipation2
Learn more with resources on our N+ Education Hub for Healthcare Professionals.
Watch the webinar Read the paper
Explore the case studies and clinical evidence supporting the use of Compleat® paediatric on the free N+ Education Hub for healthcare professionals.
Monitor gastrointestinal tolerance in children who have switched to an “enteral formula with food-derived ingredients”: a national, multicentre retrospective chart review by Dr Graeme O’Connor, Marie Watson, Rita Shergill- Bonner, Julia Hopkins, Marti van der Linde, Sharan Saduera – read here
Benefit of including food-derived ingredients in enteral nutrition formulas: practical experiences from clinical cases by Aneeqa Siddiqui, Victoria Steele and Marti van der Linde – read here
Trial of a new paediatric tube feeding formula by Jayne Lewis – read here
A dietitian’s journey of conducting an acceptability trial by Tara Kelly – read here
Compleat® paediatric is now available in a 250ml format with ENFit compatible SimpLink® connection. The 250ml format can be used in the following ways:
Attached directly to the gastrostomy for a direct 250ml bolus using the SimpLink® technique - please watch the video below for a tutorial
Connect to a pump, using a universal adaptor or screw-cap giving set - please watch the video below for a tutorial
Support a blended diet as a top-up or as part of Compleat® paediatric recipes
Syringe bolus method
- As a base to homemade blends to provide a known nutritional value and reduce the amount of work that goes into preparing blends. Recipes are available for dietitians to provide to their patients
- As a convenient option to use alongside a blended diet. Particularly helpful for days out, school or holidays
- As a bridge or stepping stone for those wanting to explore blended diets. The BDA Practice Toolkit The Use of Blended Diet with Enteral Feeding Tubes (2021) can be viewed here
|Product||Unit Size||Case Size||PIP Code||Line Code|
|Compleat® paediatric||500ml SmartFlex™||12 bottes||418-8108||12487452|
|Compleat® paediatric (SimpLink®)||250ml||12 bottles||421-9663||12514721|
*Compleat® paediatric contains 13.8% food derived ingredients from rehydrated chicken, rehydrated vegetables (peas & green beans), peach puree and orange juice from concentrate. Compleat® paediatric is currently the only feed in the UK&I with food-derived ingredients, written in March 2022.
- O’Connor G,Watson M, Van Der Linde M, Bonner RS, Hopkins J, Saduera S. Monitor gastrointestinal tolerance in children who have switched to an “enteral formula with food-derived ingredients”: A national, multicenter retrospective chart review (RICIMIX study). Nutr Clin Pract. 2021;1-6. https://doi.org/10.1002/ncp.10812
- Thornton-Wood C and Saduera S. 2020. Tolerance and Acceptability of a New Paediatric Enteral Tube Feeding Formula Containing Ingredients Derived From Food: A Multicentre Trial In The United Kingdom. J Neonatol Clin Pediatr, 7: 050 DOI: 10.24966/NCP-878X/100050
- Siddiqui A, Steele V, van der Linde M (2021) Benefit of Including Food-Derived Ingredients in Enteral Nutrition Formulas: Practical Experience from Clinical Cases. J Neonatol Clin Pediatr 8: 066.
Are you a healthcare professional?