Modulen® IBD is a nutritionally complete powdered feed for the dietary management of people with Crohn’s Disease. It is to be used as a sole source of nutrition during the active phase and is for nutritional support during the remission phase. It is 100% casein-based, supplemented with optimal levels of lipids and carbohydrates with a low osmolality* level for good feeding tolerance.
Modulen® IBD contains a naturally occurring anti-inflammatory factor. It has been shown in multiple clinical studies to reduce the inflammation in the gut and promote gut mucosal healing. This may help during the repair phase, after or during a flare up of Crohn's Disease.
Modulen® has a pleasant slight vanilla taste. It is suitable as an oral sip feed or for administration as a tube feed.
- 100% casein based which contains a naturally occurring anti-inflammatory factor, which may help reduce the inflammatory response in the gut and may help gut mucosal healing
- Flexible caloric density
- Whole protein powdered formulation with a superior taste to improve patient compliance
- ACBS approved as a sole source of nutrition during the active phase of Crohn's Disease and nutritional support during the remission phase for malnourished patients with Crohn's disease
- Nutritionally complete in 2000ml
- Suitable as a oral sip feed or for administration as a tube feed
- 400g re-closeable tin (with 8.3g scoop)
- Suitable for adults and children over 5 years
Must be used under medical supervision.
Halal and Gluten free.
ACBS approved, prescribable on FP10 (GP10 in Scotland). Indicated for use as a sole source of nutrition during the active phase of Crohn’s disease or nutritional support during the remission phase in malnourished patients.
Not suitable for use in cows’ milk protein allergy.
For oral or enteral feeding only. Only suitable for those over 5 years. Do not mix with other medication.
Shelf life of 24 months from date of manufacture when stored at room temperature. Consume the contents within 4 weeks of opening. Once reconstituted, use within 6 hours at room temperature or 24 hours if refrigerated.
- Wash hands thoroughly. Follow the mixing table here and select the volume required.
- Measure cool boiled or bottled water (room temperature) and pour into a clean bowl or container.
- Scoop and level the desired amount of powder using the scoop in the tin or weigh in grams.
- Add the powder to the water and immediately stir until well mixed.
- After use, store the scoop inside the can.
Nestlé Health Science produces a range of foods for special medical purposes (FSMP) for use under medical supervision. A sample product should only be requested for a patient if deemed suitable following a professional evaluation from an appropriate healthcare professional. Althera® and Alfamino® are infant FSMPs and should only be used after the full consideration of the feeding options available, including breastfeeding.
The Nestlé Health Science Sample Service is available to healthcare professionals only, who require sample products for professional evaluation when they have no sample product or if a patient has insufficient product to cover their needs. This service is not intended as a long term solution for a patient.
® Reg. Trademark of Société des Produits Nestlé S.A. Terms and conditions apply.
The following content is restricted for consumers only. You will be redirected.