Milk Allergy Pathway Optimisation Resource for Healthcare Professionals Use Only:
Funded by Nestlé Health Science
The Milk Allergy Pathway Optimisation Resource is a resource, designed to support mobilisation of local guidelines utilising primary care clinical systems.
Mobilisation of the Milk Allergy Pathway Optimisation Resource supports:
- Simple, efficient and consistent optimisation of the local guidelines.
- Adherence to the local guidelines relating to the continuation of breastfeeding and formulary recommendations for hypoallergenic nutritional solutions in formula fed infants.
- Access for Healthcare Professionals to support materials and educational resources, including breastfed infants, at the point of consultation.
- Engagement of parents through a more streamlined approach to communicating useful resources and support materials available.
The Milk Allergy Pathway Optimisation Resource can help to simplify prescribing* of hypoallergenic nutritional products for formula fed infants, utilising primary care clinical systems.
A clinical system template triggers when an appropriate patient presents enabling the prescriber to view the local guidelines and formulary recommendations at the point of consultation.
The template enables the prescriber not only to view the local guidelines and formulary recommendations but also enables the prescriber, from within the template to:
- Access Healthcare Professional education and resources.
- Access patient education.
- Send links to patient education and information via SMS messaging.
- Prescribe* the appropriate Hypoallergenic nutritional products for formula fed infants (SystmOne only).
As the resource is developed using the functionality inherent in the GP clinical system, there is no requirement for software to be used. The resource is deployed remotely which is available for you to download and import into your clinical system.
This resource is provided to UK based Clinical Commissions Groups (CCG’s), Local Health Boards and Primary Care Networks, who use either EMIS or SystmOne.
* Breastfeeding is recommended by the World Health Organisation (WHO)
The Milk Allergy Pathway Optimisation Resource consists of:
- An importable clinical system template.
- A step-by-step instruction guide.
The simple to follow step-by-step instruction guide, will enable the user to:
- Download, import and use the Milk Allergy Pathway Optimisation Resource.