Good to know:
Lentils are a good source of fibre
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely crushed
- 100g red split lentile
- 1 tsp. mixed herbs
- 2 tbsp. tomato puree
- 1 x 400g tinned chopped tomatoes
- 200ml specialist formula (180ml water and 6 scoops of Althera/Alfamino)
- Heat the oil on the hob in a non-stick saucepan and add the chopped onion. Cook for 2-3 minutes until soft and slightly brown.
- Add the chopped carrot, pepper and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the lentils and mixed herbs and stir.
- Add the tomato puree, tinned tomatoes and specialist formula mixture and stir.
- Cook on a medium heat for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are soft, ensuring it is boiling gently.
- Serve with pasta or mashed potato.